Freelance Graphic Designers (New York)
Freelance Graphic Designers
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial graphics, strategy, and technology firm.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial communications issues, discover critical insights, and develop powerful graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial communications.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer who has vector-based illustration skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite—particularly Illustrator and Flash—to provide contract assistance to our team in New York.
Ideal candidates will be experienced graphic designers with combined expertise in information design, vector-based illustration, and Flash animation.
- Create graphics and text exhibits for complex projects that convey key themes and reflect TFP’s position as the premiere national trial communications firm
- Create designs that illustrate concepts and communicate information in a compelling way
- Collaborate with other designers and teams
We Are Looking For
- 5–7 years’ experience with the Adobe Creative Suite. Must be fluent with Illustrator. Demonstrated intermediate to advanced Flash skills required
- Demonstrated command of design principles, including: hierarchy, aesthetics, composition, and typography
- Experience designing information for screen media
- Ability to understand and utilize new tools and technology
- A team-oriented individual who contributes to team efforts; has experience leading design teams; is comfortable asking questions, sharing feedback, and receiving criticism
- A self-motivated individual who is open to learning, good humored, and has enthusiasm to innovate
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to create world-class, award-winning design work
- Desire to understand the business of The Focal Point and contribute new ideas for growth
- Ability to meet deadlines and work flexible shifts
- BFA or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Bonus for skills in: User interface design, motion design (After Effects), 3D modeling, and web programming
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.