Executive Assistant / Case Coordinator (Oakland)
Executive Assistant / Case Coordinator
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial graphics, strategy, and technology firm with offices in Oakland, New York, and Santa Fe.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial themes, discover critical insights, test their case with perspective jurors, and develop powerful trial graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial consulting.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant/Case Coordinator to support our team and company’s growth. Based in our Oakland office, this is a full-time, exempt position.
Executive Assistant Support
- Manages Marketing Partner’s calendar and paperwork; provides daily debriefings and priorities; monitors emails and meeting requests, schedules/reschedules meetings, resolves scheduling conflicts; ensures timely filing/review of expense reports, timesheets, billing packets, reports to partners, and other periodic materials
- Provides meeting support, including overseeing agendas, tracking meeting to-do lists, and coordinating conference room set-up
- Manages travel for Partner
- Anticipates and acts upon Partner’s needs and as Partner’s representative. Resolves items in Partner’s absence (returns calls, responds to emails), proactively looking for ways to make the Partner more productive and effective
- Drafts (whether initial or final), proofreads, and edits correspondence and other documents on behalf of Partner—and potentially others at TFP—including correspondence and items intended for publication
- Works closely with and coordinates efforts with Marketing Coordinator and others working on marketing projects
- Acts as “proxy” for Marketing Partner: attends Partner’s case meetings, maintaining knowledge of cases, note taking and coordinating resulting to-dos, completing or overseeing the completion of these activities, as appropriate
- Coordinates Case Review meetings so Partner is able to attend as many as possible
- Performs billable case work, associate case manager work, quality assurance work
- This is a 30% billable position
- Helps carry out Marketing tasks in conjunction with Marketing Coordinator
- Assist Operations Director with other specific tasks and projects, as requested
- On occasion, act as backup to Receptionist for general office support
We Are Looking For
- 3–5 years’ prior experience providing support in a professional services environment, preferably to a senior manager or executive
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, where change is constant
- Strong writing and editing skills, following consistency guidelines from style guides, brand manuals, etc. is essential
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills; moderate PowerPoint skills
- Ability to keep materials/information confidential
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize
- Ability to identify and assume responsibility for broad spectrum of needs
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to direct or re-direct the Partner
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally, with the utmost respect, professionalism and good judgment
The Focal Point Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Profit sharing
- Commuter subsidy
- A fun work environment
Please review our web site at www.thefocalpoint.com and send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. As part of The Focal Point’s comprehensive hiring process, we will be conducting a thorough background check on all eligible candidates. The Focal Point is an equal opportunity employer.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.