Trial Consultant (Oakland)
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial graphics, strategy, and technology firm with offices in Oakland, New York, and Santa Fe.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial themes, discover critical insights, test their case with perspective jurors, and develop powerful trial graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point, we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career, and invite them to be part of the leading company in the field of trial consulting.
We are looking for an Trial Consultant to support our team and company’s growth. Based in our Oakland office, this is a full-time, exempt position.
- Works with client and project teams to distill complex issues and key themes into successful visual strategies for litigation
- Occasionally generate ideas and present in front of professional clients
- Provide insight and creative solutions related to our firm’s service offerings
- Facilitate internal team brainstorming sessions to simplify and organize content
- Interface with clients to collect and execute client revisions and suggestions
- Develop visual presentations in PowerPoint with the assistance of a graphic designer
- Ensure Quality Management process, actively maintaining high design standards and details are maintained
- Actively maintain project costs and staffing levels based on constantly fluctuating client needs and deadlines and provide analyses and make recommendations to the client
- Assist with and participate in development of new business through growing client relationships
- Foster commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust
We Are Looking For
- B.S/B.A in related field a plus
- 3-5 years’ prior experience with managing multiple projects and client expectations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong relationship-building, communication (verbal, written and visual), and presentation skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, as well as inflexible, shifting deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective listening skills
- Ability to extract themes from complex data
- In-depth knowledge of both Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- High level of Power Point proficiency
- Ability to juggle and work on multiple projects and case teams, including working on longer term cases (1-12 months) and integrating into other teams in a support capacity
The Focal Point Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Profit sharing
- Commuter subsidy
- A fun work environment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Late nights/weekends are a part of the job. The company is committed to employees achieving a work-life balance which addresses the demands of the job.
- Occasional travel
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Please review our web site at www.thefocalpoint.com and send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of The Focal Point’s comprehensive hiring process, we will be conducting a thorough background check on all eligible candidates. The Focal Point is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V.
Guy Grogan discuss the cures for turning a common closing summary into a powerful and persuasive argument for your case.